Friday, April 24, 2009

Cusco

Hi,

I am back in Cusco after a trip to Machu Picchu and four days in the Amazon. I have some pictures but have not been able to upload them yet due to the quality of computers here. I will continue to try.

Cusco is at 3400 meters (you can do the math - I will be stuck in the metric system for a while.) It does take a day adjusting to the change in altitude, but Cusco is a fun place, but a bit touristy. This was the home of the Inca´s and their presence is all around - especially in the block work that the Spanish built their buildings on.

Machupicchu is worth the trip for sure. It is an incredible setting - sort of a combination of what I envision parts of China, Thailand and Tibet are like.

I spent four days in the Amazon, some rafting, zip lining and hiking through the jungle.

Hope you are all well. I will try to get some photos up tonight before I head to Puno and Lake Titicaca tomorrow.

Craig